Friday, September 11, 2009

Hopeful of help

Well, it has been a while since have written anything, but there has been nothing to wrtie. It is always hurry up and wait!! Well, after 3 months of not hearing anything from SS Disability, I finally have to go see their doctor. On October 24, 2009 I have to take a trip to Statesboro to have SS doctor take a look for himself and see just how disabiled I am. Wish they had someone to follow me around and they would see. That's asking way too much of them. Anyway, they needed more information and "proof" about the reason I am asking for disibility. Go figure, I have to have proof. Just because my atty. sent them pictures of my disibility and all the paperwork from my doctor here in Savannah and my RA doctor in Atlanta. This wasn't enough, they need more. My doctor here signed all the paperwork they wanted her to sign and she told them I needed disability and had no business working in the shape I am in. She said even 12 to 15 hours a week was too much for me to be working. But they have to have a doctor that they hired to take a look at me. How biased is that????? Anyways, I have been living on predisone for the past 3 months. Every other week I would have to call my doctor in Atl. to get me more predisone. It went from a 7 day medpak at 7.5 milagrams to a ten day medpak of 10 milagrams. Now I can't get him to give me anymore because I have had so much in the past 3 moths. In July I was off of the predisone about 3 days out of the month. In August it was a liottle better, but he has given me all I am going to get. So I guess I will have to make an appt. with my doctor here for more. Thank God they do ot contact each other before they give me the meds!!!

Back to the original matter at hand. I am looking forward to this trip to Statesboro. This doctor has no idea what kind of shape I am in. Will be interesting to see his reaction to the way I can't do things. I have to have my husband help me in and out of my clothes, fix my hair, and sometimes tie my shoes or other things where I have to move in certain directions. I even have trouble getting in and out of the tub. So he has to help me do that to. Oh and there is a travel voucher in the paperwork I got. It says they will give me 47.00 for mileage and food for the trip. Remember it took me almost a year to get 160.00 out of them. Can't imagine how long it will take to get 47.00 out of them !!!!!! Oh, well, will gve you guys an update after I have gone to the doctor a month from now. Lots of laughs on that one.. A month away, do they really think a month is going to make any difference in my condition???

2 comments:

  1. I am hopeful that this is the break you have been needing! I will pray that the doctor you see is honest and unbiased and will really open his/her eyes and see your true condition. I know that many people make up excuses to get disability but your is so real...if I can see it why can't they see it????

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can't see it because all they see that is I am working!! Doesn't matter to them how much, just that I am working and have gainful income. Gainful for what the 1/2 the light bill or maybe gas to get to the great paying job of 12 to 15 hours weekly at a rate of 7.00???? I didn't know you could pay bills and live and buy groceries on 157.50 every two weeks!!! Ha!! you can'teven go to the grocery store for that little bit of money.

    ReplyDelete