Friday, January 15, 2010

Just an Update

There is actually nothing at this time to report to anyone, however, I thought that an update might be nice for anyone interested. I have talked to my caseworker on the 3 year old appeal and she is still hopeful for a favorable decision by the appeals board, even though it might mean another hearing. I have a fllow up appt. with my regular Doctor here on January 20th. The only thing is that the doctor I was seeing is no longer there and they have scheduled me an appt with a new doctor. What this means is that there will be another report to get and send to Binder and Binder. Every report I get I have to pay for so this is really not a good thing. However, I have to keep all scheduled appts to all doctors. So I have to go. It is only a follow up so maybe it will not be something important other than the fact that I went and kept the appt. That is my hope anyway. Then on Febuary the 2nd I have to go back to Atl. to see my RA doctor. These are the most important appts to keep. Even though I have to go to Atl for these appts., and there is a complete inconvenience to my stepson and daughter-in-law(because we have to lean on them to get my husband to work the days I am gone)and it is becoming more difficult for me to drive the 3 hours, I go because without Dr. Lieberman I would not be able to do what I do today. He has been my rock as far as the doctor part is concerned. I don't have money or insurance so they take 25.00 out of my checking account every week to pay his bill and he doesn't charge me as much as other patients. He also has the lab there in his office to do my blood work and that is a big plus. Even though I have been apporved for my Disability, I have to wait until 2011 to get Medicare so I can't change doctors to Savannah, because of the cost of starting over. They want like 370.00 for first visit and the blood work is sent out to be done so yet another bill. I just can't afford to do that so going to Atl every 2 months is the best and cheapest route for me. The good thing is that since I am having dificulty in driving, my husband may have to start taking off and driving me, which would be nice except for no pay that way. Or the next thing, which I would totally LOVE, is that my daughter-in-law may start going with me.
We will get to stay overnight in a hotel and then go to the doctor first thing in the morning and hit the scrapbooking store she wants to go to!!!! Sounds like a great way to go to the doctor to me!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am kinda digging the hotel and shopping thing!!!!! And don't waorry about us sharing the car thing, it is perfectly ok with us. It is what family does!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I know but it is so hard on everyone to make the arrangements. Although I like the idae of David having to be taken to work. He was cleaning house before you came last time!!!!

    ReplyDelete