Friday, December 18, 2009

News on the 3 year old appeal

Okay, I have heard from Binder and Binder on my 3 year old appeal. It is looking favorable they said that I would either be awarded more back pay or that we would have to go before the ALJ (Administrative Law Judge) again and have him retry the case. Not great news but it is good news because they said due to the fact that they awarded me my second claim, it puts me in a favorable position to have a re-trail!!! Hopefully this means that if they do this that I might not have to wait as long to recieve my Medicare benifits. I did not think to ask my caseworker that but I will next time I talk to her. The possibility of just being awarded more without the fact that I might not have to go back to court is great. Binder and Binder and the ALJ says that the appeals council can award the claim without going back to court if they want to or they can send it back to the ALJ for review on his end. Either way is ok, but I would prefer the first way better. But at this point I don't care. I can finish 3 more days of my 2 wks notice and be done with working in pain and not having to spend the next day and half in bed til time to go to work again. I will soon be a FREE Woman!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment